Thursday, April 2, 2009

How to clear personal data on BlackBerry Curve 8900

So as I prepare my Blackberry Curve 8900 for eBay I needed clear up from personal data. Here is way to do it; I found it at http://kb.iu.edu/data/alvl.html

How do I clear all personal data from my BlackBerry?

If you need to remove all personal data (e.g., messages, address book entries, notes) from your BlackBerry device, you should first create a backup of your data. For instructions, see With a BlackBerry, how do I back up and restore data? Then follow the appropriate instructions below:

Handheld method for software version 4.1 and newer

  1. From the Device Options menu, select Security Options.

  2. Click General Settings.

  3. Click the blackberry button, and then click Wipe Handheld.

  4. If you wish to erase all third party applications, click the check box.

  5. Click Continue, and then type blackberry .
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment